Why our clients choose us
Elite Tumbling | Why Elite Tumbling?
- Our specific program teaches students back handsprings and back tucks faster and easier
- Private lessons and small class sizes saves you time and money
- Safety is always our first concern
- We teach life skills, not just gymnastics
Unique & Effective Program
Our private instruction is more effective than classes. We specifically designed a program where we teach skills quickly, safely, and in a fun and positive environment. Even taking private instruction from other programs is not as effective because they do not have the specialized program and equipment that makes our students learn the fastest and with great technique.
Because we don’t want to share our uniquely designed program with our competitors we invite you to come see and feel the difference. Check out our book and articles in the gym that describe what we teach and our unique program. At Elite Tumbling we believe that every child can and will learn a back hand spring and back tuck if they stick with the program.
Private Lessons & Small Classes
In most gyms, your child will receive only 6 minutes of time and attention from the coach. How? With a typical class of 8-12 children and only one coach, the coach’s time and attention gets divided between the kids making it so each student only receives about 6 minutes of undivided time and attention; that is if you don’t have the coach giving extra attention to those at the top of the class, which often happens in other programs. What does this mean for you and your child? It means that it will take ten weeks for your child to receive one hour of productive coaching.
At Elite Tumbling, we are able to cut out months and even years of wasted time, training, money and driving. When enrolled in Millcreek Gymnastics and Cheer’s private lesson program, your child receives 60 minutes of exceptional hands-on time and attention every hour. With the devoted attention of the coach, your child will learn the skills and techniques in less time, therefore saving you time and money. At our state of the art program, your child will learn and progress much faster than at any other gym around!
At Elite we consider your child’s physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being the highest priorities. As a result, we place a strong emphasis on safety. We feel there is no reason to learn tricks in an unsafe environment. With any child, in any sports program, you need to be concerned about two types of injury – physical and emotional.
- To protect against physical injury, we use spotting rigs and students practice many drills before progressing to harder tricks. Our coaches are always there ready to spot if need be. With large class sizes, often times a child will attempt a skill that they are not ready for without a coach’s supervision. We have an extremely low injury rate because we use spotting rigs and we maintain a low student to coach ratio in all of our lessons. Our top of the line safety equipment includes spotting rigs with harnesses, a bungee belt system and specialized mats.
- Emotional and mental injury is something that can be hard to spot until it may be too late. Some gyms place skills, achievement and perfection over the child’s well-being and happiness. Unfortunately, this happens in gyms all across the country. You can have an Olympian who may not be very happy in life due to feelings that they “will never be good enough” or you can have a well-adjusted athlete that achieves greatness and is also happy. Your child’s well-being, in every way, is our highest priority and we do not allow negativity in our gym. We thoroughly train our coaches on tumbling technique AND the emotional aspects of working with children. We strive to be the best at working with kids as well as the best at teaching great technique. Since a child’s brain is very moldable and impressionable you want to ensure that you choose the best environment for your child. We provide an environment where children can learn really fun gymnastics skills quickly, safely and in an emotionally responsible way.
We understand the importance of teaching a child the key life skills for success, which is why we put forth so much effort to integrate the following teachings into our program:
- Positive Self-talk – We teach our students how to use positive self-talk when experiencing difficulty so they can keep a positive attitude when they are struggling to get their skills. We also teach children that mistakes are lessons and opportunities to grow. Consequently, they learn to turn a potentially negative situation into one where they feel competent and have a positive belief in their ability to succeed. We have seen time and time again that this positive experience carries over into their everyday lives including their performance in school.
- Confidence – We take pride in helping children realize that they can do something if they stay positive and put their mind and effort toward it. For us, watching children learn to become self-assured and confident is one of the best parts of teaching. We want to create happy, successful and confident children; that grow into happy, successful and confident adults.
- Hard work – Our main goal is to create a desire in children to try hard and achieve their best. The hard work of gymnastics training can give young minds a better understanding of what commitment and hard work are. Learning these skills at a young age can help shape a healthy lifestyle by encouraging your child to stay physically fit and active throughout their life.
- Personal Achievement – We believe success is based on a personal best instead of comparisons with others. We help all students reach success through setting goals that are focused on personal achievement and by effectively teaching the skills necessary to reach their goals. Not comparing yourself to others in life is a necessary skill and key ingredient to happiness. To learn this at a young age can give your child a head start to having a great life
Come to Elite Tumbling and experience our unique program that challenges every child and teaches them valuable skills they will utilize throughout their lives!
Call us at:
8496 S. Harrison Street Suite 109
Salt Lake City, UT 84047